Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cussing.

1) I cuss

2) Sometimes a lot, but mostly for the reaction that I get from friends

3) I need to cuss less, because it has crept from entertaining usage into angry usage under my breath when I do something stupid at work or while I'm working on my car

4) Cussing feels good. Literally. Your mouth feels better after you've said a cuss word. I think it must release some endorphines or something. 

5) People who have so much vulgarity in their normal conversations really really bother me

6) I somehow find another Christian much more approachable and down-to-earth if I hear them cuss. It feels like they're a human just like me

7) People who cuss occasionally but don't do it angry don't bother me at all

8) I do think there are certain situations where you should not cuss at all. Ever. Like a courtroom or your grandparents church.

9) Most of the Christians that I know cuss occasionally, and most of them (like me) need to try to cuss less.

10) I don't think God holds our cussing over our heads any more than any other sin. I think He is constantly calling us to a place of more holiness, but I also think He has grace for our slipups, and our sometimes less-than-pristine sense of humor. 

11) I found this blog, which says all of this a LOT better than I just did:

12) PS - I am fluent at cussing in Hausa, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Patois, and English. Talk about cultural sensitivity. Wait. That's another f&#king blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I got on here just so I could tell you to write another post. You can read my thoughts! You are the best huband in the world.

    Nail. On. The. Head.

    ReplyDelete